Another Handy Tool Compliments of BusiPlanIT: Email to a Team
How many times have you heard, “Why can’t I email a Team in CRM”? Since Dynamics CRM uses Activity Parties, the Team option is not available. When creating a Workflow, the User must manually select all of the Users that are members of the Team and add them to the “To” field in the Email template. Who wants to do that??? What happens when members of the Team change?
At BusiPlanIT Labs, we have released another handy tool that leverages Custom Workflow Activities in CRM to solve this common challenge. This Custom Workflow Activity works in CRM Online and On-Premise for CRM 2011, CRM 2013, and CRM 2015. Users must have email capabilities set up in CRM either through the Outlook Client, Email Router, or Email Server Side Sync in order for emails generated by the Workflow to be sent out.
The solution is very simple. It has one component.
- Custom Workflow Activity (BPI_FreeEmailToTeam)
The Custom Workflow Activity can be used in any workflow process. One example is when a Contact is created or updated an email is to be sent out to a Team. Below are the details on how to use this useful Custom Workflow Activity in a Workflow:
Pre Workflow setup – Install the BusiPlanIT EmailToTeam solution from the download link at the bottom.
- Create a new Workflow Process.
- The Workflow can be used on-demand or by automatic operation (when a record is created/assigned/updated/etc…).
- The first step is to add “Create Record” with entity = “Email”.
- Next click “Set Properties” and the E-mail form will pop up. Set the contents for “From”, “Subject”, and “Body”. “CC”, “BCC” and “Regarding” are optional. Remember to keep “To” empty so that this email will get sent to a Team. The “To” will get dynamically populated with the members of the Team during the execution of the Workflow.
- Add a new Custom Workflow Step “BPI_FreeEmailToTeam. BPI_FreeEmailToTeam”.
- Once the Custom Workflow Activity step is added. Select “Set Properties”. This will allow you to configure which Team to send to and whether the email should be sent automatically.
- Email you wish to update – This is the email we created in the first step. The members of the Team will be appended to the “TO” of this email
- Team to Add TO – this will be the Team that this email gets sent to.
- Send Email – If set to “True”, the email will get sent when this Workflow is completed. If set to “false” the email does not get sent and sits in Open Activities.
7. That’s it! Just activate your Workflow and let it run. Happy Team-mailing!
If you would like to get a copy of the solution, just send us a request at: https://www.busiplanit.com/contactus.aspx?p=Free Tools: Email to Team
DISCLAIMER THIS TOOL IS PROVIDED BY BUSIPLANIT INC. “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL BUSIPLANIT INC. BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.